Have you seen our newest addition to our retail section?!
We thought it would be fun to give you some additional optional ingredients to add to your mug cake during baking to make it even better!
Chocolate Mug Cake Additions:
- add a dollop before putting in the microwave and turn your chocolate mug cake into a molten chocolate hazelnut cake.
- I know we aren't selling ours quite yet, so we'll let it slide that you have that store stuff. This is a great way to either top your cake or make it molten.
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Cayenne
- Can you say Mexican Hot Chocolate?
- Caramel or a Rolo
- Drop in before microwaving
- Even better chop up a snickers and sprinkle on top before microwaving
Funfetti Mug Cake Additions:
Let 's just start with almost any of the above would be fantastic. I would just change cayenne to ginger or clove to make it more of a chai or spice instead of spicy.
- A drop of food coloring (or a few). Can you say marble or rainbow mug cake!
- add a few drops to give it a little something extra and find off those pesky seasonal allegories.
- Lavender buds (or essential oil)
- Chocolate Chips
- yes, this does come standard in our chocolate mug cake, but oh how delicious it would be in the vanilla too!
- Another extract!
- You can have a ton of fun with this one! Try almond, lemon, orange, peppermint. See next idea ;)
- Candy Cane!
- Use either a drop of peppermint essential oil or a tsp of mint extract and crushed candy canes! This would great in the chocolate too!
So there are ten additions for you add to our classic mug cakes. Let us know what ones you try and if you have any favorite additions!